Description of Outlook Error 0x800ccc79:
This article describes the Outlook Error 0x800ccc79. It is Microsoft Outlook Error. This Error restricts your ability to send/receive emails on your Outlook email address successfully. This error is quite common and is faced many Microsoft Outlook users.
Disclaimers: Fixing an error on Outlook deals with your emails and attachments. Please backup your emails and it’s folders before you proceed. If you are not sure about the procedure, contact the technician for the support.
Causes of Outlook Error 0x800ccc79:
- Incorrect Outlook Configuration setting
- PST files get corrupt
- PST file crosses its fixed file size limit
- Failure of POP3 and Protocol STMP in database server connection
- Improper synchronization between Outlook and the server
- Usage of invalid password or username
- Virus Infection
Symptoms of Outlook Error 0x800ccc79:
- “Error 0x800ccc79” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0x800ccc79when running the same program.
- “Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc79” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
The solution applies to the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
|Outlook 2007||Outlook 2010|
|Outlook 2013||Outlook 365|
|Outlook 2016||Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)|
How to Fix the Troubleshoot Outlook Error 0x800ccc79:
To fix the troubleshoot Outlook error 0x800ccc79is following three methods and explain them briefly.
Method 1: Fix System Integrity Issues
- open Run Window and enter the Outlook/safe then click Ok then start Outlook in Safe Mode.
- After that Open the Run Window and enter the cmd then click OK.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type SFC /scan now command and hit Enter.
- Now the system should run a scan for any system integrity issues. In case it finds any, it will get everything fixed automatically.
if this method did not help to remove 0x800ccc79Error Code on Microsoft Outlook, then you should try the following methods.
Method 2: Use a system Repair Tool
In this method to check what is the core of the problem, we would highly recommend running a scan with a PC optimization tool, such as Regcure Pro
Method 3: Fix Windows Essentials
Microsoft indicates Windows Essentials 2012 damage as one of the 0x800ccc79error causes. so try this,
- Right Click on Start button and enter the Control Panel then click it.
- Navigate to the Programs and Features and find Windows Essentials 2012 on the list.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall/Change.
- When a confirmation window shows up, option for Repair all Windows Essential Programs and wait until a confirmation window reporting about successful repair emerges.
- Now close everything and try to login to your Microsoft Outlook account.
If the above methods to resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc79 fails, then instead of wasting your time, it is better to switch to a third party utility like Outlook Repair Tool which helps to fix the error codes without affecting the original data.