This article describes an error code 0xc004f074. There are cases which have been discussed related to product activation and licensing related issues due to the hardware changes. If more no of activation are being done using the same product key, it may cause Windows product activation issues.
Disclaimers: Windows Activation needs the verification of the license keys and the account verification. If you cannot fix this issue, please contact the technician for support.
Applicable to the following Operating systems for the activation error code 0xc004f074:-
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
More about OXCOO4B100 windows update error:-
Another code explained along with this above error code is 0xC004B008. If the activation server denies the activation code entered, this could result in the above error code 0xc004f074. Common issues related to activation are an unauthorized key entry.
Error code 0xc004f074 troubleshooting :-
Basic troubleshooting start with the checking of system date and time. There could be network challenges due to Intermittent connectivity issues. If the time zone is set incorrectly, the system cannot be recognized by Microsoft servers. Make it your local time zone from where you are trying to activate Office or Windows.
In other words, the activation keys are blocked, try to take the assistance of a technician here. So that we can track the product keys on Microsoft Product code activation pages to verify the validity.
Few troubleshooting steps suggest the following :
- Clean temporary files
- Clean booting from your computer
- Run an SFC scan
- Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers.
- Make sure no proxy for your internet connection.
- Repair your program or Operating systems.
Clean Temporary Files:
- Open Run (Windows key + R KEY)
- Type in %temp% and press enter key
- Select all (CTRL+A) and delete all files (SHIFT +DELETE )
Clean booting from your computer:
- Open Run command window (Windows key + R)
- Type msconfig and press enter,
- Go to General Tab and choose “selective startup ” from the options
- Uncheck “Load startup items“,
- Then go to “services “tab from the top menu selection,
- Tick on Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all tab
Click the Startup tab.Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the status bar, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable and OK.
- Now restart your computer,
After completing your troubleshooting, restore your system by doing exactly opposite to the above steps like Enabling all services in the 5th step, and again in the 8th step enable all services that you want to start automatically (like one note, Skype, email etc ) when your computer starts.
Run SFC scan:
- Open cmd as administrator,
- Type in SFC /Scan now and press enters, then wait for its completion.
Video tutorial of SFC scan for 0xc004f074 troubleshoot:
It will take some time to finish the scanning process if it shows any errors in the results you need to do proper action suitable to the error.
The sfc /scan now command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %Win Dir%\System 32\dllcache.
The %Win Dir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers:
It is a preliminary check to test the network when comes with a click to run versions. Office installation or updates would need an open network to make the client receive the updates.
It can be tested using the command prompt.
once the command prompt window opens, type the following command line
NS lookup office365.com
you can replace office365 with your versions.
The resultant should be the address of Microsoft servers.
Make sure no proxy for your internet connection:
Proxy connections are used to hide the original IP address from hackers. This internet protection mode is widely used by the company networks. The proxy server should be configured by the network admins to route the office server IP address. if not, the proxy should be temporarily disabled.
Repair your program or Operating systems:
In Windows 10 Resetting your computer is a simple task, Follow the step to repair your computer operating system.
- Go to windows search bar left side bottom corner (Cortana search bar now)
- Type in “Reset” you can directly find Setting to reset your PC.
- Then under the RESET PC, click on get started button to proceed.
- There are two options to keep your files and complete clean. (You must take backup of your desktop files, pictures, downloads, documents before proceeding to completely clean.)
- After reset, you may do updates cleanly without any issue. This resetting process takes time so please do it when you don’t have any urgent work on your computer.
Also, it is applicable to Microsoft Office and it’s versions. If the programs are provided to you by IT persons in your company, please recall the previous emails and check your product keys. In case if it is purchased for personal use, cross check if the programs are showing their validity under your Microsoft account.
If you have any trouble with username or password, make sure to use the Forgot password to fix the forgotten Microsoft Passwords on the page.
For any additional technical support, please initiate a chat with our Support Professionals, We are experts in resolving the Microsoft Office or Windows related issues.