Details: 0x800F0922 error code generally found in Windows updates when it is in auto-update settings.
Disclaimers: Fixing an error related to Windows updates requires checking network, Internet security, and firewall rules. If you are not sure on how to change them, please contact the technician for support.
Why windows updates are important:–
Updates are nothing but enhancement features for present software.There may be security updates also to protect your machine from malware, virus attacks. Generally, windows operating system configured to check and install updates automatically through its internal service called windows update.
Why is your computer getting windows update error?
There are several reasons that any machine may get issues with windows update service client in the operating system.Like,
- Firewall issues
- Internet connection issues
- Files system corruption issues
- Windows update service damaged
0x800F0922 windows update error code solution step by step:-
Here you have to follow steps as per causes of this error code 0x800F0922 in windows update service client/
First change your antivirus/firewall settings to OFF,
Windows Firewall is software that runs on your computer and provides protection against network attacks from the Internet or other computers on the network.
To turn off firewall,
Then choose to Turn off windows firewall in private and public network options.
Note: Once 0x800F0922 windows update error gets fixed, you should turn on the windows firewall application.
Change your internet connection:-
Switch your internet to another network and try to do updates.
Also, When you try to access Google.com, your computer contacts its DNS server and asks for Google.com’s IP address. The default DNS servers your network uses are provided by your Internet service provider, and they may sometimes experience problems.
You can try accessing a website at its IP address directly, which bypasses the DNS server.
File system corruption:-
Perform a SFC scan from command line as admin and fix if there are any files system corruptions.
Windows update client Damage:-
There are some fixit toolS to solve some common issues, windows troubleshooter tool is one of that kind.It fix many issues by downloading pre-requisites of windows updates that are pending and then proceed to download original security patches or any other windows updates using updates client application.
Use windows troubleshooter using a fixit tool, and then try a manual install of updates.
There are some advanced methods to fix this 0x800F0922 windows update error using some commands and resetting your operating system to a healthy restoring point.
Restoring health :-
1.Open Cmd prompt as admin mode,
2.Type in the command as follows and press enter,
dism /online /cleanup-image /restore health
3.It will take time to go back to the healthy restore point.(You can also restore in by mounting the windows source file as DVD or USB stick)
dism /online /cleanup-image /restore Health /source: c:\offline /limit access (assuming source file in c:/ drive)
Reset the windows operating system:-
NOTE: Try this only if you don’t have much data on your computer, because it takes a time to take backup of existing files and install your current application again.
- If you are using windows 10, just type in “RESET PC” in the Cortana search bar(windows start button search) and select RESET PC from the results.
- Then under the RESET PC, click on get started button to proceed.
- There are two options to keep your files and complete clean. (You must take backup of your desktop files, pictures, downloads, documents before proceeding to complete clean.)
- After reset, you may do updates cleanly without any issue.
Still have issues regarding Windows updates? Reach our Microsoft certified technicians on the chat.
Chat with our technician to fix your computer issues Now!
Related issues to windows update error codes in windows 10/8/7 :
- Error code 0x80070091,Error code 0x80070006, Error code kb3172985,Error code 0xc0000034,Error code KB4015438,Error code 0x8e5e03fb,Error code 800B0100,Error code 0xc8000247,Error code 0XA0019,Error code 0x80070002,Error code 0x800736b3,Error code 80072EFE,Error code KB4012215,Error code KB3201845,Error code KB3212646,Error code KB3206632,Error code KB3176936,Error code 0x800b001,Error code 0x80073701,Error code 0x81000203,Error code 0x800F0922,Error code KB3172605,Error code KB4013198,Error code 0xc000000d,Error code 0xa000001,Error code 0x80070057,Error code 0x800705b4,Error code 0x80073712,Error code kb4012219,Error code kb4013429,Error code 0x80240fff,Error code KB2952664,Error code 0x8007045B,Error code KB3161608,Error code 0x80240031,Error code 0x80070422,Error code KB974145,Error code 8000FFFF,Error code KB978251,Error code KB3176935,Error code KB2267602,Error code 8007000E,Error code 0x803F8001,Error code 0x8007000d,Error code 0xc1900200,Error code 0xc00002e0,Error code 0x80004005,Error code 0x80070003,Error code KB3150513,Error code 800705B4,Error code kb3110329,Error code 0x80072F8F,Error code 0xC8000222,Error code 0x80242fff,Error code 0x800706D9,Error code 80240025,Error code 0x800b010a,Error code 0x8024a005,Error code 0x8024400a,Error code 8024400d,Error code 80080005,Error code C80003FA
- Microsoft chat support, Microsoft live support, Microsoft live chat support, Microsoft support live chat, Microsoft live support chat, Live support chat, Windows support chat, Windows chat support, Windows tech support chat, Windows live support chat
Windows store error code 0x000001F7 April 10, 2018
web support Live Assist Tech March 19, 2018
We found Windows 10 home digital license December 6, 2017
Outlook error code 0x800ccc13 November 8, 2017
Windows live mail error code 0x800ccc79 - Windows 7/8/10 October 6, 2017